Last updated on April 18, 2022
PlanetFWD Inc., a Delaware corporation (“PlanetFWD,” “we,” or “us”)respects your privacy. This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we may collect from you when you visit planetfwd.com or use our other websites, applications, and other products, services, and platforms that include an authorized link to this Privacy Notice (collectively, the “Services”), how we use the information we collect, with whom we share it, how we protect it, and the choices we offer you regarding our collection and use of such information.
1. Information We Collect
We may collect personal information about you, meaning information that can uniquely identify you, from various sources, such as:
• Directly from you when you use the Services, such as when you register for an account, fill out a form, or reach out to us; and
• Our service providers, business partners, and other third parties.
The personal information we collect about you may include, without limitation:
• Contact information, such as name, job title, company name, and email address;
• Login information, such as username and password;
• Payment and financial details, as collected by our third-party payment provider, Stripe; and
• Data related to your environmental footprint such as energy usage and travel data (e.g., miles traveled, mode of transportation, and number of days traveling).
When you use the Services, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. We may also use third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) that collect information about use of the Services and user traffic. The information we collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
• Information about the devices you use to access the Services (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
• Dates, times, and duration of use of the Services; and
• Information on actions taken when using the Services (such as page views).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve and personalize our Services, including by enabling us to identify and authenticate users.
If you provide us, our service providers or our affiliates with any personal information relating to other individuals (including your employees, clients, or customers), you represent that you have the authority to do so, and where required, have obtained the necessary consent, and acknowledge that it may be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice. If you believe that your personal information has been provided to us improperly, or want to exercise your rights relating to your personal information, please contact us by using the information in Section 14 below.
2. How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Your web browser may let you choose your preference as to whether you want to allow the collection of information about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services. At this time, the Services do not respond to the preferences you may have set in your web browser regarding such collection of your information, and the Services may continue to collect information in the manner described in this Privacy Notice.
3. How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we obtain about you to:
• Provide you with products and services you request;
• Send you information or materials you request;
• Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
• Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, and promotions;
• Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
• Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies;
• Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Services;
• Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
• Enforce or exercise our rights under our Terms and other agreements; and
• Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We may create anonymous, aggregated, and/or de-identified data from the information we collect from you and other individuals whose information we collect. We may use this information for marketing, product development, and to analyze and improve our Services.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
4. Disclosure of Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may disclose personal information about you:
• To service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
• To enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements;
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Planet FWD, users of the Services, or others; and
• With your consent.
We also reserve the right to transfer your personal information to a buyer or other transferee in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, sale, or other transfer of some or all of our assets, equity or similar transaction. Should such a sale, merger, or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use your personal information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Notice.
5. Data Security
We have implemented measures intended to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
6. Third-Party Content
Some content or applications available through the Services may be served by third parties. The information practices of these third parties are governed by their own privacy policies and are not covered by this Privacy Notice.If you have any questions about third party content or services, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
7. Your Choices
We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Cookies. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies.Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Services.
Promotional Communications. If you do not want us to use your contact information to promote our products or services, you can opt out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have received a promotional email from us, you can also opt out of receiving future promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email.
Web Analytics. You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our website by Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
8. Accessing and Changing Your Information
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
9. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of our Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 2443 Fillmore St #380-16375 San Francisco, CA 94115.
10. Children Under the Age of 13
The Services are not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
11. Changes to Our Privacy Notice
12. Data Transfers
We are based in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
13 Notice to EEA and UK Residents
Privacy and security are key to our approach to product development and business. We continuously evaluate all our practices in an effort to safeguard your information as effectively as possible. In that vein, we're glad to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and to help our customers comply with GDPR.
Legal Basis. Our legal basis for processing and collecting personal information varies based on the context for which it is collected. However, we will normally collect personal information only as necessary to perform a contract with you (such as when we provide the Services you request), as noted in thisPrivacy Notice, and otherwise with your explicit consent.
Transfers of Data. We are based out of the United States and thus must transfer your personal information across borders. We have taken appropriate safeguards to ensure your personal information is protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice through implementing additional safeguards, such as the standard contractual clauses.
Retention of Data. We will only retain personal information for as long as it is required to provide you the Services you have requested, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Your Rights. You may exercise the rights afforded to you under the GDPR, including the right to access, correct, update, and/or delete your personal information.You may also object to the further processing of your personal information and request portability of your personal information at any time by contacting us using the information provided below.
Consent. You may withdraw your consent that allows us to collect, store, and otherwise process your personal information, at any time. Please contact us using the information provided below to do so.
Data Protection Authority. You have the right to complain to an applicable data protection authority. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority
14. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our information practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 2443 Fillmore St #380-16375 San Francisco, CA 94115.